Tuesday, April 30, 2013

George Haines born-Dec. 1840 wife-Adeline Duval born Aug 1848


Greetings;
I recently received this email from Sheila Haines Habib requesting information on George Haines & his wife Adeline Duval

I am still researching my great grandfather and his family who lived in the Cornwall area. I am trying to find the gravesites of his and his family, however, I am not sure where he was buried. His name is George Haines born-Dec. 1840 wife-Adeline Duval born Aug 1848. They lived in the Cornwall/Glengarry/Charlottenburg Ontario area.  I understand that they had a farm and that is now under the St. Lawrence Seaway. I thought they still lived in the same area after that time. All of the males were river pilots or merchants. My grandfather Alfred James Haines born-Sept. 1884 came to the U.S.A. around 1920 from Prescott to Ogdensburg, New York. My father told me at one time that the family would go to Messena, New York to visit their cousins. This is most of what I know.  I would appreciate any help you could provide to me.  I am planning a trip up to Cornwall sometime early summer this year to conduct some genealogy research and to find the cemetery/ies they are buried in. The family was Roman Catholic from what I understand. 
from an earlier  email

I have been searching for years for information regarding my great grandparents. Great grandfather-George Haines Born Dec. 19, 1840 and Great grandmother (married) Adeline Duval Born Aug. 8, 1848. They lived in the Stormont-Glengarry area. The religion of Catholic and had 12 children. One was my grandfather Alfred James Haines Born Sep. 16, 1884. One brother was Lawrence Haines Born May 6, 1888. Most of the jobs they held were River Pilots or Merchants. One story was that the old family farm is now under the St. Lawrence Seaway.
I am trying to locate information about where George Haines was burried (which cemetary). George Haines also had another son named George Haines Born Mar. 6, 1867. Not to confuse everyone.
Can you help? If not, do you know who can? Or do you need more information and what would that be? Any information would be a tremendous help and would be much appreciated. I live in Maryland, USA. Although, I do go to Rochester, New York from time to time every year to keep in touch with my family.

Thank you so very much for any help you can provide.
Should the viewer wish to contact Sheila with any helpful information feel free to do so
Sheila Haines Habib shortpeople129 @ yahoo.com
Thanks for your assistance
take care and God Bless
Alex W Fraser
Courtenay, BC
http://glengarrycounty.com/lvgin.html 

No comments: