Saturday, March 30, 2013

Donald Fraser, a passenger on the BRITISH QUEEN 1790

Greetings

I Recently got this e mail on the passenger ship in part of the British Queen of 1790

" Hello

In doing research on my family tree, I believe that I have discovered that my great-great grandfather Donald Fraser was a passenger on the BRITISH QUEEN that landed in Quebec City in October 1790. The earliest previous record that I have relating to him was a Quebec City RC Census that identified him as a blacksmith in 1793. I understand that most, but not all, of the BRITISH QUEEN passengers settled in Glengarry County, but it would appear that my ancestor was one of the exceptions who stayed in Quebec. Do you have information that would confirm or reject my assumption?

Thank you.

PS: Although I live in Montreal, I have a connection to Glengarry County. I was, for many years, the official photographer of the annual Glengarry Highland Games.

Winston Fraser "

Maybe some comments can better enlighten the answer to the above question, observation on this particular Donald Fraser


Take care and God Bless
Alex W Fraser
Courtenay, BC

No comments: