Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Miss Elizabeth Hoople, a tribute

By Name: DelaMARY (bARKER) wILKINSON

E-mail: DELAMARY  @ EOGERS.COM

surnames: Miss Hoople was my grl Guide Captain for many years.  I knew her well,.  She was an inspiration to me.  I have copies of "Medicine Maid" and would like very much to know more about her family history. 

Date: January  7,, 2o11

query: Elizabeth Hoople was my Girl Guide Captain (First Erindale Company).  She was a wonderful role model of a strong and independent woman.  She has always been an inspiration to me, throughout the years.  When I first knew her she was a High School Teacher in Streetsville, Ontario about 7 miles north of Erindale.  We had a struggling Girl Guide Company with a volunteer Captain who was a parent.  Our first Captain had never been a Girl Guide, did not know much about Guiding, and quit when she became pregnant with her third and unexpected child, found her heart was no longer in guiding.  The company floundered and would have died altogether had Miss Hoople (the only experienced Guider I had ever known), not accepted the challenge.  What a transformation!  Her personality and high ideals were an inspiration to all of us.  Miss Hoople, with whom I was in contact until her death, called us "her girls" and considered the original members like the family she did not have.   I will always be grateful to her and bless her memory and influence in my life. I now have three grand-daughters under the age of 3 years.  I hope and pray that there will be a "Miss Hoople" in their lives. Mary Barker Wilkinson.

subject: Glen-Pres-Stor-SoulVaud query

thank you: http://www.glengarrycounty.com/thankyou.html

No comments: